Helsinki area in Finland is suitable for a short nature escape and outdoor holidays. There is Nuuksio National Park only 40 km from Helsinki city center and the Helsinki-Vantaa International airport. Helsinki is easy to get to from anywhere in the world and it is a good starting point to explore Finlands nature.
Glamping sites in Helsinki can be found in Nuuksio National Park, on Helsinki archipelago islands, and even in the city itself. Take a look at the list of glamping accommodation below and choose the right for you.
SEARCH ON THE MAP
1. Igluhut – Sleep with reindeer
- Eco cabins in Nuuksio National Park in the middle of Reindeer Park.
- 35 km from Helsinki and airport.
- Finnish nature Centre Haltia 1 km away.
- Marked Nuuksio nature trails start right outside the cabin.
- Services: VIP-dinner for 2 in the atmospheric White Reindeer Teepee Restaurant by the fire. Private woodheated sauna and outdoor yacuzzi.
Igluhut is a unique accommodation at Nuuksio Reindeer Park, 35 km from Helsinki. Eco cabins are located in the middle of the Reindeer Park with reindeers wondering around. It is possible to feed reindeer directly from the huts window and take pictures with them.
There are only 2 Igluhuts. Accommodation for 2 persons in each cabin. Double bed, ecotoilet, limited washing facilities, electric heating, mini fridge, electric kettle, coffee/tea/water. A bucket of lichen for feeding reindeer is provided.
- Tree tent camp next to Nuuksio National Park.
- 45 km from Helsinki and airport.
- Services: sauna by request, open-fire cooking, Wine in the Woods tasting tour, fatbike rental, kayak and canoe rental
Tentsile Camp Hiidenvesi is a tree tent camping 45 min drive from Helsinki. Tent camp is located lakeside next to the entrance to Nuuksio National park, on a historic area in Joutsela manorvilla grounds.
Tentsiles are the new form of eco outdoor accommodation close to the nature. Tents are suspended between firm trees. Shared facilities as bathroom with a shower, sauna by request for extra fee, a bonfire. Breakfast included.
- Floating hotel on the water.
- Central Helsinki location.
- Reasonable prices hotel. Basic facilities.
Hotel Boat Isosaari is a hotel on the water in the heart of Helsinki. Hotel situated next to the Helsinki Market Square and the Old Market Hall.
The hotel has 17 unique cabins with beds for 1-6 persons. Most rooms are equipped with a bunk bed, few rooms with a double bed. Shared showers, sauna and toilets are located in the corridor. The A and B Class Cabins have windows. C Class Cabins are windowless.
The common area is located in the upper deck. The ship has a fully equipped kitchen with 2 refrigerators, stove, a microwave oven, toaster, coffee machine and a dishwasher.
Boasting a sauna, Saunaboat Haikara is situated in Jorvas. This beachfront property offers access to free WiFi and free private parking.
The boat also comes with a well-equipped kitchenette with a microwave, a fridge and a stovetop, as well as a seating area and 1 bathroom.
The boat offers a terrace. A private beach area is available on site and hiking can be enjoyed within close proximity of Saunaboat Haikara.
Helsinki is 35 km from the accommodation, while Espoo is 24 km from the property. The nearest airport is Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, 47 km from Saunaboat Haikara.